The perfect spot for your Pyrenean cycling adventure, the most central of positions, Gite Belle Vie offers space, tranquility and an ambiance appreciated by those looking for something special. It’s the ideal location, situated just 1k from Sainte Marie de Campan, the village of TdF legends, which featured the first time the tour visited the high mountains in 1910 and regularly ever since. This is where the official start of the exciting Tourmalet and Aspin climbs begin.
Cycling support at Gite Belle Vie is run by people passionate about cycling with the experience of hosting or running group cycling events or camps for professionals and leading cycling brands. Gite Belle Vie itself is situated just off the main road in 10 acres of peaceful grounds bordered by a mountain stream, accommodation is more sumptuous than you’d usually find and if you take advantage of some of the catering options you’re bound to be delighted. We offer special packages for cycling groups from friends, cycle shops, cycling clubs, professional teams, coaching weeks, cycle related product launches / incentives or international cycle tour organisers. We have an established approach to tailoring these packages to meet the needs of the group, we can handle local logistics and support and deliver an outstanding experience for guests.
From a practical point of view we can offer any or all of the following options (subject to prior arrangement):
- Sumptuous accommodation for 1 to 12 guests with additional capacity available by arrangement for larger groups;
- Flexible catering options – the gites or cottages all offer full kitchens allowing you the flexibility to prepare whatever meals you like whenever you want to. Or maybe sample the local restaurants a few of which are just a stroll down the lane or short walk into the village or how about a BBQ on the patio or beside the pond side fire pit where memorable evenings are made;
- Experienced guide rider / performance coach on the road;
- Support vehicle on the road with food, drinks and guest day bags available so that you can tackle the climbs without having to think about the extra kit that may be required on the descents, this can include event photography;
- Sports massage therapists and coaches by arrangement; and Airport transfers.
Gite Belle Vie is in a prime position for taking full advantage of the stunning cycling available in the Pyrenees. Situated in Sainte Marie de Campan just off the Route des Cols (R918) which joins the Mediterranean and the Atlantic over all the major Cols or mountain passes of the Pyrenees you can literally turn out of the lane and onto the legendary climbs of the Tour de France. Turn right in Sainte Marie de Campan to Tourmalet or left up Aspin, Gite Belle Vie could not be more central. The legendary Cols aren’t for everyone or necessarily every day, there are a variety of routes through forests, alongside streams, around rolling hills or flatter valley rides.
From a cycling facilities point of view:
- Lockable bike storage
- Track pump
- Workshop stand
- As much advice as you’d like on route and local cycling knowledge
- Availability of routes via Strava, GPX, TCX
Please get in contact, we’d welcome the opportunity to provide you with an exceptional cycling experience.