Gite Belle Vie is an ideal choice for the more discerning cyclist looking to combine the most central of positions to access a wide range of cycling options from the door, the most peaceful of locations with accommodation that is out of the ordinary.
Cycling support at Gite Belle Vie is run by people passionate about cycling with the experience of hosting or running group cycling events or camps for professionals and leading cycling brands. Gite Belle Vie itself is situated just off the main road in 10 acres of peaceful grounds bordered by a mountain stream, accommodation is more sumptuous than you’d usually find and if you take advantage of some of the catering options you’re bound to be delighted. We offer special packages for cycling groups from friends, cycle shops, cycling clubs, professional teams, coaching weeks, cycle related product launches / incentives or international cycle tour organisers. We have an established approach to tailoring these packages to meet the needs of the group, we can handle local logistics and support and deliver an outstanding experience for guests.
From a practical point of view we can offer any or all of the following options (subject to prior arrangement):
- Sumptuous accommodation for 1 to 12 guests with additional capacity available by arrangement for larger groups;
- Flexible catering options – both with regards to which meals are catered and the level of catering required such as outstanding quality high energy meals to keep people fueled for big days on the bike to meals with an extra sparkle to tantalise your taste buds;
- Experienced guide rider / performance coach on the road;
- Support vehicle on the road with food, drinks and guest day bags available so that you can tackle the climbs without having to think about the extra kit that may be required on the descents, this can include event photography;
- Sports massage therapists and coaches by arrangement; and Airport transfers.
Gite Belle Vie is in a prime position for taking full advantage of the stunning cycling available in the Pyrenees. Situated in Sainte Marie de Campan just off the Route des Cols (R918) which joins the Mediterranean and the Atlantic over all the major Cols or mountain passes of the Pyrenees you can literally turn out of the lane and onto the legendary climbs of the Tour de France. Turn right in Sainte Marie de Campan to Tourmalet or left up Aspin, Gite Belle Vie could not be more central. The legendary Cols aren’t for everyone or necessarily every day, there are a variety of routes through forests, alongside streams, around rolling hills or flatter valley rides.
From a cycling facilities point of view:
- Lockable bike storage
- Track pump
- Workshop stand
- As much advice as you’d like on route and local cycling knowledge
- Availability of routes via Strava, GPX, TCX
Please get in contact, we’d welcome the opportunity to provide you with an exceptional cycling experience.